Call for presentations for 18th conference
NELTA 18th International Conference
16-18 February, 2013 (Phase I : 3 Days)
DAV School, Jawalakhel, Lalitpur (Kathmandu Valley)
20-21 February, 2013 (Phase II : 2 Days)
Janakpur Uddyog Banijya Sangh and Monastic School (Outside Kathmandu Valley)
Call for Presentations
Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association (NELTA) is organising its 18th International Conference in February, 2013 in the Kathmandu Valley and Janakpur, Nepal.
The Conference is a professional get together of a large number of ELT practitioners, experts, textbook/material writers, teacher trainers, etc. from all parts of Nepal and abroad. The participants at the conference are usually ELT professionals from public as well as private educational organisations and from all levels of education - primary to university.
The Key Speaker of the conference are
- 1. Dr Richard Smith from University of Warwick, UK.
- 2. Dr. JoAnn (Jodi) Crandall, Emerita Professor from UMBC (University of Maryland, Baltimore County), USA
The theme of the Conference is ‘Transformations in ELT: Contexts, Agents and Opportunities’. Papers can be submitted in the following sub-themes and other topics related to ELT.
- Multi-modality in teaching English
- Method, methodology and pedagogy development
- Content integrated language teaching
- Developing reading and writing skills differently
- Technology and Language Teaching
- Critical and creative pedagogy
- Action research in the classroom
- Professional development from bottom
- New trends in language assessment
- Task-based language teaching
- Cultural influences in teaching English
- Teaching English in large and under-resourced contexts
- Theory and practice interface
- Teacher and learner autonomy
- Inter-textuality in teaching English
- Teaching and learning English beyond classroom
- Identity, culture and language pedagogy
- Media and learning English
- Teaching English in rural and urban settings
- Teaching English in large class and under-resourced context
- Third space and emergence of new method of learning
- English and Englishes
The Conference will organise plenary sessions, talks/papers, workshops, poster presentations, etc. Exhibitions of ELT materials and books will also be organised.
We would be grateful, if you agreed to do a session during the conference. Please fill out the enclosed "Presenter's Proposal Form (DOC format/PDF Format)" giving details of your presentation(s) and send it as an e-mail attachment to Kamal Poudel, General Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 15th Jan, 2013.
For further details, please contact:
General Secretary, NELTA
GPO BOX NO 11110, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: +977-1- 4226522(NELTA Office)
Mobile +977-9851060155/ Res. +977-1-4880846