NELTA Regional Conference
NELTA Regional Conference
Hosted by NELTA Sunsari
Date : 3-4November, 2017
Venue : K.K. International School, Dharan, Sunsari
Main Theme: “Teaching Practices and Learners' Engagement in the Modern ELT Classrooms”
- Activity Based Instruction (ABI)
- Learner Centered Teaching (LCT)
- Classroom management
- Project/Content/Task –based Instruction,
- ICT in English Education
- Academic /Creative Writing in ELT Classes
- Contextualizing the Methods and Materials into the Local level
- English Language Teaching Trends and Practices for Modern Classroom
- Learners’ Autonomy
- Transformation in Language Education
- Prof. Dr. Abhi Subedi
- Prof. Dr. Jai Raj Awasthi
- Prof. Dr. Vishnu Sing Rai
- Dr. Dennis Yang Tao (Regional English Language Officer)
- Ms. Rhona Brown (British Council)
- Mr. Hemanta Raj Dahal
- Dr. Laxman Gnawali
- Ms. Deborah Silver, English Language Fellow, Far Western University
- Mr. Mathew Nelson, English Language Fellow, Prithvi Narayan Campus, Pokhara
- Mr. Bishwa Raj Gautam, Regional English Language Office (RELO), Program Specialist, U.S. Embassy
Who can register?
NELTA members and non-members, who are English teachers, students of English and researchers on English language and literature can register for the conference.
How can I register?
Interested professionals who meet the above requirements can fill out the registration form and submit to NELTA Sunsari Office along with the registration fees of Rs.2000.
What will I achieve?
The conference participants will be served free lunch and stationery during the conference. Participants and paper presenters will be awarded certificates on the completion of events. You will meet approximately 300 different ELT professionals.
How can I subscribe NELTA membership?
Life membership, Annual membership and Institutional membership can be obtained with a payment of Rs3000, Rs 300 and 5000 respectively. Annual membership will last for 12 months and is subject to renewal. Life members will receive the NELTA publications free of cost.
What is NELTA then?
Foundedin1992, Nepal English Language Teachers' Association (NELTA) is a Government registered non-profit-making platform for the professionals of English education ranging from pre primary to university level, ELT professional working in the Ministry of Education, teacher trainers/educators, professionals associated with the ELT, faculties from the Universities and the NGO professionals. NELTA has a central office in Kathmandu and 50 branches across the country with above 3800 Life members and more than 3000 annual members. The core aims of NELTA are to improve English Language Teaching in Nepal through collaboration with the local and international agencies and to establish a network among the professional associations with similar interests.
For further information in Sunsari please contact:
Mr. Kesav Prasad Bhattarai
Chair NELTA Sunsari
Mobile: 9852049745 email: email@example.com
Mr. Chet Nath Niraula
Secretary, NELTA Sunsari
Mobile: 9841649115 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the information in Kathmandu:
Iswari B. Adhikari
Ms. Sarita Dewan
Nepal English Language Teachers' Association (NELTA),
Chundevi Marg, Maharajgunj
GPO Box No:11110,Kathmandu,Nepal